Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Another Big Gay Weekend!

The timing of the beginning of this blog is rather ironic - it seems to be a lot more Gay Pride related than I originally planned, but hey - not a bad message to put out there!

On Sunday I attended Pride Fest at Seattle Center with the lovely Laurel and her husband Matt. I had a chance to cross another thing off my list!

151. Go to Seattle Pride Parade (And dress up!)

Chris had opted out as he felt he needed a little break from "the gays." I felt I couldn't fault him as he had been such wonderful company during the counter-protest and wandering around Capitol Hill afterward. He got to watch me get into my pride get-up (which, lets face it, watching me get dressed is probably so much more entertaining for him than a parade - or is it watching me get undressed? Well anyway, the rest of his day was downhill from there. Heh heh.) Then he snapped a couple pictures for me in front of the house. I had these outrageous rainbow falsies I was planning to wear, but hadn't realized I didn't have any lash glue. Bummer!

A quick shot before leaving the house

My first plan was to head to Bellevue Square and into Sephora to see if they would help me attach my lashes and complete my makeup. Alas, they were not open until 11 on a Sunday. I did, however, enjoy frolicking around in the rather yuppy Bellevue Square in my rainbow knee socks and see-through petticoat! It might have been a bit much for the citizens of Bellevue.

Laurel came to my rescue, and brought some of her lash glue when she and Matt came to meet me by the orange tubey sculpture near the Space Needle. I'm sure Matt rather enjoyed his first impression of me - first meeting me in my pridey finery and then Laurel and I asked him to get right up close and personal and help me attach my lovely lashes, as he had far more experience with it having helped Laurel with hers in the past. I guess its probably not the weirdest way I've met someone for the first time.

Space Needle

The lovely Miss Laurel

After I quickly finished my makeup (lashes have to get glued first or it won't stick!) we wandered over to find a place to watch the parade.

A shot of the lovely lashes

Rainbow

The procession began with Dykes on Bykes - a great spectacle of some bad-ass ladies (often with some sexy barely clothed girls riding behind) circling in front of us on their hogs for about five minutes. If I were going to be in a parade, I would want to be riding something like those bikes.

 So pretty!

 Amazon's contribution

Fairy :) 

 Alaska Airlines float

Lots of nudity!

There were many floats and groups who walked together. Several organizations broadcasted their gay-friendly message to the onlookers, and there were clearly some clubs that came to strut their stuff. On the whole, the parade honestly seemed to be a bit corporate-dominated. I had mixed feelings about there being such a large corporate presence in the parade. While I am psyched to see the support coming from so many different companies, after a while it all just started to feel like a publicity stunt. I wanted to see more gays just being their awesomely gay selves!

 This is a sexy look

 Yep... they are naked.

 Teatro Zinzanni!

 Most definitely a queen

 Gothic - Gas mask?

 This guy's boots were insane - 
so big they didn't fit in my photo!

Bad-ass goth biker dude

After standing in the sun for a couple hours, I realized my skin was probably frying - - it was the first real sun I had seen all year. We decided to head back to Pride Fest and get some delicious and greasy fair food. I would have taken a picture of it, but our brick of curly fries didn't look nearly as cool as everyone elses - a brick is something special, but who wants to see a picture of just another pile of fries? We stopped at a t-shirt booth to check out the merchandise.

 I have a new favorite word. 

I wonder if you have to be gay to be a naughty bitch?

We wandered the booths for a while and people watched like crazy. Seeing the wide variety of individuals was like how I imagine my eyes would feel if they could taste and were encountering all of these new and exotic flavors for the first time. It brought a whole new meaning to the term "eye candy."

 Mr. Happy Penis

I needed to pose with these fellas

The International Fountain was one of the hottest spots around. We stood for a bit to watch all of the drunken, mostly nude people prancing in the water. I was tempted to dive in with everyone myself, but was feeling too lazy to remove my socks and shoes, then wade my way through the masses down to the fountain.

Fountain party!

We then decided we had probably had enough sun, and were ready to head home. I ran into my friend Jereme as I was winding my way through the crowd. He snuck up to me and surprised the hell out of me. I was so happy to see him and I finally got to meet his boyfriend who I had heard many nice things about.

I read today that the crowd at the festival topped 100,000 people! What an awesome and supportive city we live in. I am so proud to call Seattle my home.

Had so much fun with these two!!

Laurel, Matt and I finally made it back out of the crowds and onto the street, where we posed for one last shot together and went our separate ways. They had been such fantastic company for such a wild day. Matt has told me he'd be happy to take me to a shooting range, so I'll be able to strike that one off the list soon, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment